ATHLETIC ALL-STATE AWARD CRITERIA
Eligibility for a COACH to nominate a cheerleader for an All-State Award
- You MUST be a member of the South Dakota Cheer Coaches Association https://www.sdhsca.org/sdcca and the South Dakota High School Coaches Association https://www.familyid.com/programs/sd-high-school-coaches-association-membership-registration-2020-2021 to nominate and vote for cheerleaders in your class.
- All-State Award Registration MUST be filled out in full with a video and emailed by deadline of October 10th at 5pm Central. ABSOLUTELY NO EXCEPTIONS.
Eligibility for an ATHLETE to be nominated for an All-State Award
- Has been a great leader.
- Strives for great technique.
- Has selfless dedication.
- Cooperates with all team members.
- Accepts constructive criticism.
- Displays enthusiasm, energy and spirit throughout the competitions.
- Works to hold academics high and upholds high personal standards in and out of school.
- Most valuable in several areas of cheer: ie. Tumble, stunt, jumps dance.
ALL-STATE RULES OF SELECTION
- Nominating coach will fill out the submission form with up to three athletes.
- Nominating coach will submit a video (up to one (1) minute maximum) of each nominated athlete.
- Coaches will have the opportunity to review information online and vote before the state competition.
- Ties will be broken by a separate vote, to include only those nominees tied for that position.